Exponentially better | Walk left, stand right | Bon vivant | Flaneur | Tweets are my opinions

Sunday, January 8, 2012

What have we become?





Previously, I'd hoped aloud that we would not be embarrassed by this man. This episode from City Hall demonstrates very clearly that my hopes were in vain. (Note: contains foul language, viewer discretion advised.)

 



Some may argue that we finally have "real people" in office who are just like you and me - you know, "government of the people, for the people, by the people" and all that. 

Ummm, yeah no.

Perhaps, I long for days of yore when elected officials carried themselves with some modicum of professionalism and an air of dignity, but what have we become if we defend, in any capacity, a mayor running around like a gangster with a thug sidekick? 

This is hardly what I'd consider appropriate for the mayor of a city that purports to be an international leader on a world stage. And, perhaps this is part of why this city is entrenched in a frightful decline.





No comments: